Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020 in West Bengal (Online Application Form Download, Eligibility, Document, Track Check Your Status, Amount, Types of Scholarship, How to apply, Student List)
Different educational grant scheme has been proposed by the central government aiming for the battement of the minority students. The West Bengal government has come up with similar scheme facilities through which it can offer financial help to the poor students. To know about details like financial help given to the students to other details, the following part of the article shall help the beneficiaries.
|Name of the scheme||Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Scheme has been launched by||Mamata Banerjee|
|Date of implementation of scheme||2019|
|Date of announcement of scheme||2019-2020|
|Application process||Online mode|
|Target beneficiaries||Students belonging to minority group|
|Online portal for scheme||wbmdfcscholarship.in|
Key features of Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme
- Grant money – For the matric level scholarship holders, the beneficiary amount is rupees 1100. The beneficiaries who wish to pursue higher education will be given 10% extra money.
- Mode of granting money – The grant money will be directly credited to the bank account that is linked with the above said scheme. It will be transferred through direct benefit transfer process.
- Financial support for education – The main focus of launching the scheme is to encourage students of minority groups to help financially so that they can pursue their education. Through scheme, it is possible to lower the financial burden.
- Frequency of payment – The money will be granted to the beneficiary every year as it has been stated by the state government.
- Number of beneficiaries- The scheme has almost 42 lakh applicants who will be able to avail of the above-said scheme benefits.
- Type of grants –As per scheme drafts, the state government will offer three types of the scheme for the students so that they can pursue higher studies. The first grant is meant for students from class 1 to class 10, the second for class 11 to Ph.D. level and the third is for professional courses.
Click Here to Check National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Form
What are the types of the educational grant?
- Pre matric grant – This grant is applicable for the ones belonging to class 1 to class 10 to get a scholarship.
- Post matric grant –The minority students from class 11 to Ph. D level will be given the grant to get the scholarship.
- Merit-cum-means grant – The students who have registered for technical and professional programs can opt for this benefit.
Eligibility criteria for the applicants
- Resident of West Bengal–The scheme has been launched in West Bengal and therefore only the legal residents of the state are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Recognized educational institute–The educational institute in which the student is studying should be a registered one with a central or state department of education.
- Must belong to minority community – As per scheme drafts, only the students belonging to the minority group are eligible to available the scholarship benefits.
- Family income criterion–The students who wish to get pre and post-matric scholarships should not have family income more than rupees 2 lakhs yearly. For the ones who wish to get a merit-cum-means grant, the income limit is rupees 2.5 lakhs.
- Marks-related criterion – The applicant should have scored 50% marks in the last examination to get the benefits under the scheme.
- Location of the institute – In case of pre and post-matric grant, the location of the educational institute in which the students are studying should be within West Bengal. But in case of merit-cum-means grant, the students may study in an institute that is outside the state.
Click Here to Apply for PM Scholarship Scheme
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – The applicants need to submit copies of their residential proof at the time of registration for the above said scheme. This will be required by official for scrutiny before they are considered eligible for the scheme.
- Identification details –The applicant has to produce suitable identification details of Aadhaar and the like document at the time of registration for the scheme.
- Mark sheet – The applicant needs to produce a copy of the mark sheet of the last exam in support of their claim.
- Family income certificate–It is mandatory to furnish details of family income at the time of registration to justify whether the candidate is suitable to get the scheme benefits of not.
- Minority proof – As the scheme benefits are applicable only to the students of minority groups, they have to produce a suitable document in support of their claim.
- Bank details –The applicant has to produce bank details such as bank account number, IFSC code, and the other. The grant money will be directly credited in the linked bank account.
- Details of academic institute – The documents of academic institute will furnish the name, status and other details along with course details that the student is pursuing. It is mandatory to submit the details at the registration for the scheme.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Scheme portal – The applicants have to complete the registration procedure via the Aikyashree Scheme Online Portal of the scheme. However, the West Bengal state government has already come up with the portal of the scheme making it easy to complete the registration process.
- Registration activation – The applicants have to choose the right registration option that is on the top right corner of the home page of the scheme. From here, applicant has to click on the ‘New registration’ option to start the procedure.
- Registering the location – As soon as the registration procedure starts, the applicant will be directed to another page. Here, they have to enter the district details and check in the box that notifies whether the applicant is a native resident or not.
- Online form of the application – For the registration, the applicant will be triggered to the digitalized application form page. In this, the applicant has to fill up the necessary details and attach the scanned copies of the relevant documents required for the registration.
- Form submission for the scheme – After completion of form fill-up, now the applicant has to click on the ‘Submit’ option to complete the procedure.
- Getting access to user ID –After the form has been submitted, it is time that the applicant can get access to the User ID. With this, they can know about the details of the application status.
Click Here for SHREYAS Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills in hindi
How to check the application status?
- Tracking the application– The “Track an Application” option is available on homepage and by clicking this applicants can get access to the tracking page.
- Use tracking details for checking status– First candidate has to select district and then type the User ID along with captcha code in the tracking box that shall help in checking the status.
- Activate tracking process – After this, the applicant has to click on ‘Submit’ option. Soon after this, the status of application will be shown on the screen.
With successful implementation of the scheme, it will be easy to offer financial help to the students belonging to the monitory group. Previously, around 16 lakhs applicants were rejected to receive grants from the central government. Therefore, by the implementation of the above-said scheme, it shall help the needy families. This will reduce the school dropout rates and instead it will help students pursue higher education for a better professional life.
Other links –
- Janasevaka Scheme in Karnataka
- Jagananna Chedodu Scheme in AP
- Yuvashree Arpan Scheme West Bengal Eligibility
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme in West Bengal New List