Odisha govt some welface scheme and initiative for Coronavirus (lockdown)
In the wake of corona outbreak when the entire country is following lock down, Odisha government has also announced lockdown. The lock down will imposed in five districts and eight towns of the state. According to the sources, the lock down in Odisha will last 29th March 9 pm. The objective of the lock down is to control spread of the virus.
Important points of the announcement
- Lock down areas – After the Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has announced the lock down the cities such as like Cuttak, Khurdha, Ganjam, Angul, Kendrapada, etc. will not remain functional. On the other hand, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Balasore, Jharsuguda, Bhadrak, Jajpur town, etc. will also remain lock down.
- Quarantine situation- Apart from that, residents who have been living in the foreign countries are sent to quarantine. According to the reports, 3000 people in the state are in quarantine.
- Food supply- In order to supply food in lock down the Food Supply and Coronavirus Welfare Department of Odisha has decided to provide rice at a subsidized price that is one rupee per kg to the poor. The facility will continue till the month of June 2020.s
- Adding beneficiary- To cover all the marginal people, the Odisha Food Security Scheme further added five lakh new beneficiaries.
- Accommodation and health care- In the midst of lock down the state government has decided to provide all the basic facilities to the people. To quarantine people the government has developed temporary accommodation. The people will receive adequate food and health care facilities in the camps.
- Testing lab- The government also set up well-equipped testing labs to fight the situation.
- Ration for students- As the schools are all shut down for the indefinite time so the government has decided to reach the ration to every students. The students from class I to VIII will get the ration. The students of I to V will get 3 kg rice for a month and the students of VI to VIII will get 4.5 kg rice for a month.
- Dry ration outlet- The students can collect the ration from the nearest fair price shops. However, the parents of the students need to collect coupons from the school authority.
- Other services- At the time of announcement, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik also said that, even in the lock down the medical shops, hospitals, clinics restaurants, vegetables, etc. will remain open. Along with that, ATP, patrol pump, fire station, bank, electric office, police station, and water service will remain functional.
Therefore, it can be concluded that, to stop the spread the lock down was necessary in country so in the state. The private sectors have already asked the employees to work from home. Till date Odisha has two confirmed case of COVID-19 who came from Italy and England. This is the reason the state has decided to shut down everything for few days to stop community spread of the virus.
Other links –
- झारखण्ड कृषि ऋण माफ़ी योजना
- योगी सरकार ने 1-1 हजार रुपये भरण पोषण भत्ता
- KALIA Yojana in Odisha List
- बीजु युवा सशक्तिकरण योजना ओडिशा