PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana in Punjab 2020 for SC / BC/ BPL (Eligibility, Application form online, Benefits, Electricity Subsidy, Price)
The Prime Minister of India has taken major initiatives to ensure that every village in the country is connected with the power grid within a few years. It will play an important part in the overall development of the nation. However, lighting fixtures are rather expensive, and poor people do not have the financial resources to purchase LED bulbs. To aid such families, the Punjab state government has come up with a magnificent solution. It will soon roll out the PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana in the state. To know more about the features, launch details, eligibility and application process, read this article carefully.
PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana Launch details
|Name of the scheme||PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana|
|Launched by||Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Date of implementation||September 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor families of Punjab|
|Scheme implemented by||Punjab State Power Corporation Limited|
|Supervised by||State Government of Punjab|
Punjab Anaaj Kharid Portal : Register online for Aarthiya Miller
Key features of the PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana Punjab
- Betterment of the people – The primary objective of this project is to provide safe and clean power to the homes of the less privileged individuals in the state.
- Distribution of LED bulbs – The highlight of this project is distribution of bulbs to beneficiaries. The state government officials mentioned that each family will get two LED bulbs at very low prices.
- Cost of the LED bulbs – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that the beneficiaries will have to pay only Rs. 30 for acquiring the LED bulbs.
- Lower consumption of power – Power consumption of regular bulbs is high. The state government wants to reduce electricity consumption by popularizing the LED bulbs. These need 80% to 90% less power than the regular bulbs.
- Long-lasting lighting fixtures – It has been mentioned that one LED bulb will last for 20,000 hours. Thus, beneficiaries will not have to worry about changing the lighting fixtures after regular intervals.
- Safe option – Regular bulbs often burst and it paves the path for accidental fires. The installation of LED bulbs in homes will keep these problems at bay.
- Environment friendly – The LED bulbs, which will be distributed among the beneficiaries, do not contain any mercury. Thus, these are environment friendly.
- Budget allocated for the scheme – The Punjab State Government has set aside Rs. 8.63 crore for the successful implementation of this scheme.
- Residential criterion – Only the legal and permanent residents of Punjab will be allowed to register for the scheme perks.
- Financial background – The scheme has been designed and developed for those who belong to BPL category.
- Caster requirement – People, hailing from the schedule castes, schedule tribes and other backward classes will be able to apply for the benefits.
- Power consumers only – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that if the applicant is a registered power consumer under Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, he/she can get the LED bulbs.
- Load sanction requirement – Only those candidates will be able to get the perks of this scheme that have a residential power load sanction. The power load must not exceed the 1KW mark.
Punjab Ghar Ghar Rozgar Yojana : Register for Online job webminar
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential proof – An authorized document that highlights the residential status of the candidate must be submitted with the application form.
- Identification proof – The individual must provide documents, such as Aadhar card and voter card for supporting identity claims.
- BPL certificate – Attaching a copy of the government-issued BPL certificate is a must to become a scheme beneficiary.
- Caste certificate – Every interested applicant must attach a photocopy of his/her caste certificate.
- Electricity bill – The candidate must attach a photocopy of the last electricity bill that has been issued by the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
- Load sanction documents – The applicant must attach a document, issued by the respective authority that highlights that his/her residential power consumption meets the eligibility.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Offline application – The Punjab government has opted for the offline registration process to ensure that the people, living in villages and remote areas can also obtain the scheme benefits.
- Application form – Any individual who meets the necessary criteria can go to the nearest Punjab state power corporation center. The officials will provide him/her with the suitable scheme application form for free.
- Form fill-up – The applicant need to fill in the registration form with correct details.
- Document attachment – All the important documents, mentioned above, must be attached with the registration form for verification.
- Form submission – The form, along with the documents, need to be submitted at the Punjab state power corporation center.
Kisan Karz Maafi Fasal Rin Mochan Yojana Punjab : Check name in new farmer list online
Ans: The Punjab state government will distribute LED bulbs at very reasonable rates to the poor residents.
Ans: LED bulbs
Ans: 2 LED bulbs
Ans: The applicant must pay Rs. 30 during submitting the application form.
Ans: Permanent residents of Punjab, belonging to BPL category, and SC, ST, and OBC sections cam enroll for this scheme.
Ans: Every interested applicant can get the registration form from the nearest State Electricity Supply office. The form must be submitted at the same center. The beneficiaries may also get a subsidy on the monthly power bill amount.
The implementation of this scheme will pave the path for the improvement of the power supply system. It will also increase the number of families, which have access to clean electricity. The LED bulbs will light up their homes and their lives.
Other links –
- KALIA Yojana List
- Pani Bachao Paise Kamao Scheme Punjab
- NGRDS Portal Punjab Online Property Registration
- Punjab Debt Waiver Scheme