WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes 2023, List, Eligibility, Documents, Subsidy, Training, Budget, Phases
Recently, the state government of West Bengal has launched quite a few numbers of schemes for the self-help group of the state. The initiative will ensure the empowerment of the women of the society and that is the reason this initiative is so important for the people. The Chief Minister of Bengal Mamata Banerjee has launched the initiative under the WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Department. Here in this article, you are going to get an insight of the list of the schemes.
WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes Launch Details
|Name of the initiatives||Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes List|
|Launched by||The Chief Minister of Bengal Mamata Banerjee|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Target people||Women of self-help group|
WB Manabik Prakalpa Scheme : Rs. 1000 Pension for Handicapped.
WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes Key features
- Objective of the initiative– The list of schemes is for the women who are associated with the self-help group and it will help those women to become financially independent which will eventually give them a standard livelihood.
- Swami Vivekananda Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa– under the WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Department the scheme was launched.
- Implementation of the scheme- The scheme was implemented by West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation Ltd.
- Development of the businesses– Under the scheme government will help to get the credit to the rural and urban small enterprises. It will help the owners to hire employees.
- Training program– Under the scheme the beneficiaries will receive training for the specific field like trading, waste management, etc.
- Subsidy for SVSKP– Under the scheme state government will provide 1.5 lakh rupees maximum to beneficiary as subsidy. And a group will get maximum of 3.5 lakh rupees. Government will cover 30% of the project.
- West Bengal Swanirbhar Sahayak Prakalpa- The scheme was launched in 2012-13 financial year so the self-help group can get easy access to bank loan.
- Objective of WBSSP– Under this scheme the state govt. will provide subsidy on paying the interest of the loans.
- Limited percentage of interest– State government will ensure that `no self-help group has to pay more than 2% interest. And government will cover rest of the interest.
- Number of self-help group– As per the survey, in West Bengal there are 21.05 lakh self-help groups and govt. cover all of them.
- Monitoring the work– The work under the scheme will be monitored by West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation Ltd.
- Training program– The members of the self-help group will get training on tailoring, zari works, soft toys making training, marketing, computer application, napkin making, compost production, organic farming, candle making, agarbatti making, paper bag making, etc.
- Places of training programs– Under this scheme the training program is being conducted in three districts that covers 23 blocks. The name of the districts is Purulia, Bankura, Paschim Medinipur.
- Karma Tirtha Scheme- Under this plan the state government is trying to create training and marketing complexes for the beneficiaries.
- Samaj Sathi Scheme- The state govt. has launched an insurance scheme so that beneficiary will get help on personal accident. The insurance will be given by National Insurance Company Ltd. & Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Muktidhara- To help the tribal women and to improve their livelihood, state government has launched this scheme. The scheme will work in the districts like Bnakura and Purulia.
- Organizing fairs and exhibition- The scheme will organize fairs and exhibitions for the handicrafts made by the members of the self-help group. The fairs will be organized in different districts.
- Total budgets for the scheme- The state government has earmarked provision worth 700 crore rupees to run these schemes.
- Number women associated with SHG- As per the survey, around 50 lakh women are associated with self-help groups.
Phases of West Bengal Self Help Group Scheme
- Identification and training- This is the first phase, where the women associated with the SHG will be trained.
- Loans to Rural Women– The women will get loan to start their own business.
- Promotion & Marketing- It is the last phase where the women will be able to market their products in order to sell those in the market.
WB Paray Paray Samadhan Scheme : Resolve problems lodged by common people of the scheme.
WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes Eligibility Criteria
- Resident of WB- In order to become the beneficiary you need to a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Rural area– The women has to be from rural area to be the part of the SHG.
- Age group– Under this scheme the people age between 18 to 45 years is eligible
- Income of the people– The people who earn 15000 rupees per month are eligible for the scheme.
- Bank account– The applicant must have a bank account at a govt. bank.
WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes Required Documents
- Address proof– In order to apply for the scheme one has to provide a copy of their address proof.
- Age proof– As they have an age limit so they need to provide the proof of their age
- SHG card- You need to submit the card of self-help group so that you can be part of the schemes.
- Account details– As the loan will be credited to the beneficiaries’ account so the applicant must provide account details.
WB Chokher Alo Scheme : Provide free eye checkup facility to senior citizens.
How to Apply for WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes
For the application the self-help group will help you so contact with your respective group and they will guide you.
This list of schemes will help the women to look at a glance to the scheme that state government has made for them. Becoming the part of these schemes will help the women to deal with their financial short coming.
Q : What is WB Self Help Group & Self Employment Dept. Schemes List?
Ans : It is a list where you will get an insight of the schemes that WB government has launched up until now.
Q : Who are the beneficiaries of the schemes?
Ans : Rural women who are the part of self-help group
Q : What will the schemes do?
Ans : Help to get at low percentage interest rate, and provide subsidy, also provide training.
Q : How much loan will be given?
Ans : 1.5 lakh rupees to an individual and 3.5 lakh rupees to a group.
Q : Where to apply?
Ans : Contact with the respective self-help group.
Other Links –
- Hasir Alo Scheme in West Bengal
- WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
- WB Free Tablet Scheme
- Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme WB