Andhra Pradesh starts disbursing Rs 10,000 to fishermen under YSR Matsyakara Bharosa scheme AP 2021 [How to Check Status, Eligibility, Documents, How to apply for Card, Application Form]
The new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh promised to safeguard the interests of the thousands, who are associated with fishing. The members of the fishing communities in the state never received adequate attention. Thus, they were in a sorry state, fighting to keep their occupation alive. The launch of the YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme came as a ray of hope for these fishermen. The scheme guidelines ensure a holistic betterment of these fishermen. Monetary grants and technical support can improve their lifestyle and employment. If you want to know more about the features, eligibility, necessary document and enrollment process, then read this article.
If you want to read about YSR Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme,Please click here
|Name of the scheme||YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||November 2019|
|Date of implementation||May 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Fishermen in the state|
|Application mode||Offline registration process|
|Supervised by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
Key features of the YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme
- Welfare of the fishermen – The main objective of the Andhra Pradesh authority is to ensure the survival of the poor fishing community in the state. Financial grants will assist the fishermen to continue their traditional occupation.
- Financial assistance for lean period – The central government has issued a no fishing period for the conservation of the marine eco-system. The non-fishing period assists in increasing the number of fish in the seas and oceans. A support grant of Rs. 4000 was offered to the fishermen during the no-fishing span of 60 days. However, the Chief Minister increased the support grant to Rs. 10,000.
- Fuel subsidy – The Andhra Pradesh government was already offering a subsidy on the diesel prices, for those fishermen who own mechanized boats. The subsidy rate has been increased from Rs. 9 per liter to Rs. 6.03 per liter of diesel.
- Ex-gratia payment – In a previous announcement, the Chief Minister opined that the state government will offer Rs. 5 lakh as ex-gratia payment to the families of the fishermen. However, in an attempt to provide better financial support, the amount has been increased to Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Number of beneficiaries – The official records highlight that this project will provide financial assistance to as many as 1, 32, 332 families, which are directly associated with the fishing occupation.
- Updated fishing instruments – Those fishermen, who are still using traditional fishing nets, will get assistance from the state government. The authority will help these fishermen to procure mechanized fishing nets and other modern tools at reasonable rates.
- New fishing ports – The Chief Minister mentioned in a recent interview that new fishing ports will be constructed along the coast line, for the convenience of the fishermen.
- Construction of aqua labs – The Andhra Pradesh state government has also allocated a whopping 56.53 crore for the construction of modern aqua labs. These labs will conduct tests on the quality and composition of water, and come up with new ways of growing fishes artificially.
- Additional payment during lockdown – The Chief Minister of the state has decided to transfer an immediate financial grant of Rs. 1000 in the bank accounts of all the beneficiaries of this scheme. The support will come in handy during the lockdown span.
YSR Kanuka Pension Scheme is very famous scheme in Andra, Please click here if you dont know about the scheme.
YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Resident of Andhra Pradesh – The applicant must be legal and permanent inhabitants of Andhra Pradesh to obtain the various perks of this welfare project.
- Only for fishermen – The participation rights have been reserved exclusively for the members of the fishing community.
- Age requirement – It is mentioned in the official project draft that the applicant’s age must not be less than 18 years and it must not be more than 60 years.
- Fishing boat owners – For getting the fuel subsidy benefit, the fishermen must own a fishing boat.
- Bank account is a must – Only those applicants will be selected to become the beneficiaries of this scheme, who have valid bank accounts in their names.
Documents necessary for YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme
- Residential documents – Furnishing a copy of an official residential proof document is mandatory for becoming a beneficiary of this scheme.
- Occupational certificate – The person must provide a copy of the certificate that has been issued by the Fishermen’s Association in Andhra Pradesh.
- Age proof – Due to the mention of the age criterion in the scheme guidelines, the applicant must produce a copy of an authorized document that supports the age related claims.
- Identification proof – If the candidate wants to become a beneficiary of this scheme, then he must furnish a copy of the Aadhar Card and the Voter card respectively.
- Fishing boat registration documents – If the candidate has a fishing boat, and wants to get the subsidy on fuel benefits, he must provide copies of boat registration and ownership documents.
- Bank account details – As the financial perks will be transferred in the bank account of the beneficiary, he must provide the details of the bank account to the Navasakam Scheme volunteer, during the door-to-door registration process.
YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme is also a financial help scheme by gov, please click here for knowing the beneficiary of the scheme.
YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme Registation form
- Offline registration – A survey report suggests that most of the middle aged and senior fishermen will not be able to tackle the online application mode. Thus, the registration of the applicants will be done manually.
- Falls under Navasakam Scheme – The YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme comes under the Navasakam Scheme. The state government announced that the registration for all the projects, which come under Navasakam Scheme, will be done by volunteers.
- Data collection – The Navasakam Scheme volunteers will visit the places, which are hubs of fishermen communities. They will visit each house, and gather the information about the family members.
- Data compilation – The volunteers will have to compile and arrange the applicant details, and send it to the respective state departments.
- Data scrutiny – The officials of these departments will have to scrutinize these documents, and ensure that the data is correct.
- Selection of beneficiary – After the completion of the data scrutiny, the official will have to prepare the lists, which will highlight the names of the beneficiaries. These lists will be sent to the respective local authority in the particular areas.
- Scheme card issuance – The state government will also issue YSR Matsyakara Bharosa beneficiary passes. The card will highlight the name and personal details of the main beneficiary. Once the cards have been issued, the Navasakam Scheme volunteers will distribute these in the respective areas.
Ans: Under this scheme fishermen will get financial assistance from the AP government.
Ans: 10,ooo rs
Ans: Fuel subsidy, Ex-gratia payment
Ans: You can apply through Navasakham Official Portal.
Though the official announcement of the scheme was done by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister in November 2019, its implementation was delayed due to the worldwide Coronavirus pandemic. The number of Coronavirus affected people in the state is on the rise. Apart from implementing other financial and food security schemes, the Andhra Pradesh government wants to safeguard the interests of the fishermen. Thus, the Chief Minister ordered the official commencement of this project.
- प्रधानमंत्री स्वामित्व योजना
- मुख्यमंत्री जन कल्याण संबल योजना मध्यप्रदेश
- YSR Kapari Bandhu Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- YSR Arogya Asara Scheme in AP